Kelmar cleaner and FilmGuard

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ryan Gallagher
    Film God
    • Nov 2022
    • 2855
    • Austin, Texas, USA

    #46
    Originally posted by Javier de Blas
    Hello everyone. I've bean running a little cinema club in Madrid, Spain since february projecting only 35mm copies of films. As any film collector will know, quite some of them are quite nasty and would thank a clean with a bit film guard. I'm looking for a kelmar film cleaner but I can't find any in my local market. If any or you know where to buy one or have one for sale I would be interested. Especially if you are in European territory, postage can get really expensive.

    Have a magnificent day, Javier
    I'm hopeful someone will have some they can sell ya. But word of caution. It highly depends on your film sources if "wet cleaning" is even permitted in your loan agreement. Most contemporary archives in the US do not want you to do so anymore without asking, they have their reasons, even though many prints would benefit from it.

    Comment

    • Javier de Blas
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2025
      • 47
      • Madrid, Spain, Europe

      #47
      Well, funny that you mention it. Actually, I own all of the copies that have bean projected. On one hand it's because it's my dream project and I have always wanted to own a film cinema since there's basically three in Spain right now, and they only screen film in really rare occasions. But on the other other hand (and more truthful), the only two distributors that actually rent film nowadays in Spain ghost me as soon as I told them that I was not a commercial cinema. So, yeah, sadly, no problem there. Thank god, Spain is a really small territory and since 99% of our copies are dubbed they are quite cheap (cheap meaning less than 500€, but you know film, cheap it's not a great word for the hobby) since people in latin America have their own dubs there's no one outside of the country looking for this 35mm copies. So, again, it's usually cheap, and I can afford buying one or two copies a month. Of course I need two jobs to keep this up hehehe, film is bottomless money sucking machine, but hey, it's good and I love it.

      Hope you have a great day, Javier

      Comment

      Working...