DTS XD-10 : Won't Power UP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blaine Young
    Newbie
    • Aug 2020
    • 21
    • Kirkland, WA

    #31
    Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher
    Very odd. I've only been in our XD-10 once and it doesn't have the daughter board that I recall. So perhaps not much to offer here.

    But if you have another compatible PSU lying around maybe try it with a bog standard power supply? On the off chance the factory PSU is expecting something weird in combination with the daughter board?
    Moved the motherboard into a different chassis and different power supply. Behavior remained - no operation when the Power Switch pins are shorted.

    Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher
    Green on a 24pin ATX connector would normally be "power on". Perhaps that is broken out and routed directly to the daughter board instead? If there is no functioning "power on" wire on the 24pin connector that might explain this weird behavior? (But one would have expected moving it to the chassis/PSU with "normal" behavior would have produced the normal result).
    No re-routing of the power on wire. It is the standard spice in dts used with these daughter boards. I've come across four of these daughter boards and all of them have been wired differently.(used on these ASUS and MSI motherboards). This is the first and instance I've had where I couldn't put in a momentary switch.

    Alas, I think I will just forgo this for now.

    Comment

    Working...