I have been experimenting with the (inexplicably) inexpensive gadgets that you can get off Amazon. You all have underutilized JNIORs. So if you are willing to crack something open and tack a couple of wires around a switch/button you can get the JNIOR involved.
We track things with Redmine. I posted there about using a $10 remote controlled outlet with the JNIOR that I can share. See the attached PDF.
Yeah, I should replace the mat on my bench. I also grabbed a $20 motion detector. That wires easily to a digital input. I have been working on a HVAC related application and will be using the motion detection to track occupancy. Anyway, if you think of a use for motion detection in your cinema, just know that we would cough up a little application for you.
The point is that there is a lot of places where you can simulate a button press or parallel a switch to add a little automation. You just have to get in there and wire it!
Have any of you done anything like this? Thought about it?
We track things with Redmine. I posted there about using a $10 remote controlled outlet with the JNIOR that I can share. See the attached PDF.
Yeah, I should replace the mat on my bench. I also grabbed a $20 motion detector. That wires easily to a digital input. I have been working on a HVAC related application and will be using the motion detection to track occupancy. Anyway, if you think of a use for motion detection in your cinema, just know that we would cough up a little application for you.
The point is that there is a lot of places where you can simulate a button press or parallel a switch to add a little automation. You just have to get in there and wire it!
Have any of you done anything like this? Thought about it?
Comment