70MM The Odyssey

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aron Toplitsky
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher
    If they have a common height screen normally they would have movable side masking... but perhaps that room's system is down.

    If you have masking you should use it, 100%. But plenty of rooms don't these days. Though I would hope generally speaking any room offering 5perf 70mm screenings would, but maybe not.
    Actually their screens have that top up and down moving masking, not sure what the tech term is. I've seen plenty of films there where they mask scope films. So I just don't understand why they didn't mask this presentation, unless like you said, their system is down. I would be quite pissed if I had paid money for that!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Gallagher
    replied
    If they have a common height screen normally they would have movable side masking... but perhaps that room's system is down.

    If you have masking you should use it, 100%. But plenty of rooms don't these days. Though I would hope generally speaking any room offering 5perf 70mm screenings would, but maybe not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aron Toplitsky
    started a topic 70MM The Odyssey

    70MM The Odyssey

    Hello All,

    I have not seen the film yet, but did poke my head into a 5/70 screening at my local cinema at AMC Del Amo 18 in Torrance CA. And to my disbelief, the film was being projected letter boxed on a common height screen. Please tell me this is incorrect?
    Last edited by Aron Toplitsky; 07-18-2026, 03:10 PM.
Working...