Fathom Events---DCP? or something else?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tom Tomlinson
    Newbie
    • Jan 2020
    • 11
    • NYC

    #1

    Fathom Events---DCP? or something else?

    I remember fathom events from years ago being poor quality video. Are the fathom events these days all dcp's or some kind of video transmission?

    thank you for your answers.
    Tom
  • Don Furr
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 90
    • Sun City, California

    #2
    I've never seen a Fantom event but someone said they were using Blu Rays.











































































































































































    Comment

    • Tom Tomlinson
      Newbie
      • Jan 2020
      • 11
      • NYC

      #3
      Fathoms email response to me "so far says"---The King Kong event will be transmitted via our satellite network. Theatres will then screen the event from their pre recorded feed.

      Comment

      • Jim Cassedy
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1450
        • San Francisco

        #4
        I've done screenings at a couple of theaters that also ran some of the FATHOM events. I believe the big theater
        chains have a satellite downlink, mainly for their 'live' events. But I've also seen a "Fathom Server" installed in
        a couple of places, which automatically downloads the content from the internet. I've never actually been to
        or seen a Fathom event, so I can't comment on quality.

        Comment

        • Rick Raskin
          Newbie
          • Jan 2020
          • 26
          • Manassas, VA

          #5
          I saw "They Shall Not Grow Old" as a Fathom event. Other than the lamp failing to ignite and them having to restart the show, the video quality was fine.

          Comment

          Working...