What is it? (2005)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Markus Lemm
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 30
    • Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

    #1

    What is it? (2005)

    What is It?
    Flat 1.85
    Dolby SR
    5 Reels
    72 minutes

    Pillar boxed 1.37​
  • Ryan Gallagher
    Film God
    • Nov 2022
    • 2855
    • Austin, Texas, USA

    #2
    I guess they have always printed 1.37 inside of flat for the mass market 35mm in the cinema plex era. Easier than mandating alternate lenses I imagine. I wasn't in the industry to witness those.

    I'm still curious if anyone has struck a contemporary print in that matting/format in the post-digital film "revival/fetish" era. That would feel disingenuous at least.

    Comment

    • Sascha Roll
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 106
      • Berlin, Germany

      #3
      Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher
      I guess they have always printed 1.37 inside of flat for the mass market 35mm in the cinema plex era. Easier than mandating alternate lenses I imagine. I wasn't in the industry to witness those.

      I'm still curious if anyone has struck a contemporary print in that matting/format in the post-digital film "revival/fetish" era. That would feel disingenuous at least.
      Not 1.37 pillarboxed inside 1.85 but also abysmal:
      Afair MANK was printed in 2.20 spherical on 35mm - must be the smallest Image ever on 35mm for a Feature presentation. (For Trailers in the 90s and 2000s it became pretty common to have the Trailer in "F-239" as we would call it now.

      I think there were also some 2.00:1 Flat prints releases, DOLOMITE IS MY NAME comes to my mind.

      Comment

      Working...