September 2026: Due to a software update, all users will be required to change their password.
Use the login dialog to enter your credentials and follow the link to change your password.
If you don't know your password or user name, use the "Forgot Password" link in the login dialog.
I guess they have always printed 1.37 inside of flat for the mass market 35mm in the cinema plex era. Easier than mandating alternate lenses I imagine. I wasn't in the industry to witness those.
I'm still curious if anyone has struck a contemporary print in that matting/format in the post-digital film "revival/fetish" era. That would feel disingenuous at least.
I guess they have always printed 1.37 inside of flat for the mass market 35mm in the cinema plex era. Easier than mandating alternate lenses I imagine. I wasn't in the industry to witness those.
I'm still curious if anyone has struck a contemporary print in that matting/format in the post-digital film "revival/fetish" era. That would feel disingenuous at least.
Not 1.37 pillarboxed inside 1.85 but also abysmal:
Afair MANK was printed in 2.20 spherical on 35mm - must be the smallest Image ever on 35mm for a Feature presentation. (For Trailers in the 90s and 2000s it became pretty common to have the Trailer in "F-239" as we would call it now.
I think there were also some 2.00:1 Flat prints releases, DOLOMITE IS MY NAME comes to my mind.
Comment