I really enjoyed this. It is not a cinematic masterpiece by any stretch but it is a fun popcorn movie. It doesn't have a complicated plot that leaves you confused if you miss a word of dialog like the Marvel movies. It doesn't take itself seriously and is more of a parody than anything else. But, the humor combined with the nostalgia (I watched the cartoon as a kid) made it entertaining. It was a fun way to spend 3 hours (including the trailers/ads). I saw it in IMAX... with LASER BEAMS at AMC Pembroke Lakes. Picture and sound were both very good. I poke fun at the naming but honestly, all "IMAX" screens should be laser at this point. It is a much higher quality image than the Xenon based lieMAX. In the film days, there wouldn't have been a 35mm IMAX format confusingly differentiated from 15/70 IMAX.
Anyway, back to the movie. I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars taking into account what it is. If you want to just watch a fun, nostalgic action comedy then go see it.
Anyway, back to the movie. I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars taking into account what it is. If you want to just watch a fun, nostalgic action comedy then go see it.
Comment