Random photos, comics, etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jim Cassedy
    replied
    ScrewTop.jpg

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    Leave a comment:


  • Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Gulbrandsen
    Why not just change the formatter on site? They are available...
    My understanding is that Series 2 NEC formatters can be replaced in the field, because you don't need to disturb the DMD block in order to remove the formatter board from around it, but that Barco ones cannot, because the DMD block and heatsink is fastened to the actual board (and so removing it would destroy its alignment with the prism, thereby needing factory recalibration once everything is reassembled). That's what I've been told in all the Barco training schools that I've done. We regularly sell and install NEC formatter boards, but if one dies on a Barco light engine, the whole thing has to be swapped.

    That is literally the only aspect of NEC Series 2 design I can think of that is superior to Barco's.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mark Gulbrandsen
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
    [requesting forgiveness for the politics]

    Swapping out a light engine with a deceased green formatter in a DP2K-32B this morning, I commented to the owner that the only way of fixing it that did not involve shipping it to Belgium would be to ask the POTUS to make the time to issue a 201nd executive order: the "make Barcos work again" order. The owner replied that I had to come up with a more catchy acronym than that, or he wouldn't even answer the phone.
    Why not just change the formatter on site? They are available...

    Leave a comment:


  • Frank Cox
    replied
    3308922.gif
    0123456789

    Leave a comment:


  • Randy Stankey
    replied
    Is the plastic soft enough that you could bend three of the fingers down and give it back to him?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Cassedy
    replied
    I've been extra busy at the theater this week, but when my,
    boss asked me "if I could use a hand in the projection room",
    - - this is definitely NOT what I had in mind. . . .

    ProjectionHand.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Frank Cox
    replied
    in-the-days-before-mobile-internet.png
    1234567890

    Leave a comment:


  • Leo Enticknap
    replied
    For if your child is stuck in Freud's anal stage...

    image.png​

    Leave a comment:


  • Leo Enticknap
    replied
    This stuff is really going to sell well in what remains of Pacific Palisades and Altadena...

    image.png​

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Gallagher
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
    I have a nomination for the "headline writer of the year" award:
    I count 6, maybe 7? ;-) But Daily Mail was never known for their accuracy and integrity.

    Leave a comment:


  • Leo Enticknap
    replied
    I have a nomination for the "headline writer of the year" award:

    image.png​

    Leave a comment:


  • Leo Enticknap
    replied
    [requesting forgiveness for the politics]

    Swapping out a light engine with a deceased green formatter in a DP2K-32B this morning, I commented to the owner that the only way of fixing it that did not involve shipping it to Belgium would be to ask the POTUS to make the time to issue a 201nd executive order: the "make Barcos work again" order. The owner replied that I had to come up with a more catchy acronym than that, or he wouldn't even answer the phone.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Cassedy
    replied
    A cousin sent me this several years ago on my birthday:

    TrumpCupp.jpg

    > I was hoping to get a pardon from Joe Biden for a changeover
    I missed last week, and for any I might miss in the future, but
    apparently, I didn't make his list.
    . .

    Leave a comment:


  • Randy Stankey
    replied
    ​Holy.png

    I won't bother inserting a caption.
    If you are old enough, you'll get the joke.
    If you don't, you're probably too young to understand.

    Leave a comment:


  • Frank Cox
    replied
    Would that be a Lounge lizard?

    Leave a comment:

Working...