Random photos, comics, etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leo Enticknap
    replied
    image.png

    Isn't that supposed to say "A wholly owned subsidiary of the Acme Corporation" ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Accidentally posted to random pictures when intending random news story. Text deleted.
    Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 09-11-2026, 07:32 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Cassedy
    replied
    I found these pix posted by one of my neighbors on a local website.
    LegoCat_1.jpg

    LegoCat_2.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Amazon took a lot of care to ensure that my battery arrived in good shape...

    image.png​

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Cassedy
    replied
    A Peerless "TractorArc"
    Magnarc Tractor.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Ed Gordon
    replied
    image.png

    He must be off to see a Scorsese movie. Nolan's latest is under three hours....

    The official runtime for Christopher Nolan's The Odyssey is 2 hours and 52 minutes (172 minutes). This duration was strictly enforced due to the physical limitations of IMAX 70mm film platters, which cannot hold prints longer than three hours without requiring costly projection system upgrades. Although Nolan originally intended to extend the film beyond the three-hour mark, his mentor advised him against it, making this runtime slightly shorter than his previous epic, Oppenheimer.
    ​​

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Gallagher
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
    Well I made the wrong call this evening:
    Sorry world cup fever caught you out Leo (via someone else). Glad you are okay!

    Leave a comment:


  • Frank Cox
    replied
    3880013.jpg
    ...........

    Leave a comment:


  • Leo Enticknap
    replied
    Well I made the wrong call this evening:

    image.png​

    End of a very long day doing a Barco mk. II light engine upgrade, and hit the road from the service call just as the USA World Cup match was starting. My mindset was of wanting to get home while the match was still going on, because of the likelihood that an army of drunk drivers would emerge from the sports bars and onto the freeways as soon as it ended.

    About 20 minutes into the journey, there was a sudden slowdown ahead on the freeway, and as I braked, I noticed a truck in my rear view mirror approaching dangerously fast. It looked to me like the driver was holding something in front of his face with one hand. I heard the squeal of brakes locking up just a second or two too late, and then bang ding ow (though thankfully the ow was limited to a slightly sore shoulder where the seatbelt locked up and gripped it).

    We both pulled over to the shoulder, and just before he got out to exchange details, I could hear a screaming match between the two occupants of the vehicle that hit me. Having lived in SoCal for 14 years, I've picked up just enough Spanish to get the gist: his wife was opining that it isn't the brightest idea to be watching a soccer match on your phone while trying to drive a truck at the same time.

    Sigh. Now for another fun packed day dealing with the insurer, collision shop and rental agency.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Cassedy
    replied
    ShrodingerStrait.jpg
    . . . . . . . . . .

    Leave a comment:


  • Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    That lamp sure has some interesting shades...

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim Reed
    replied
    Sorry if this catches you before you eat...

    AWFUL lamp paint job.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Mark Ogden
    replied
    I remember seeing The Three Stooges Cannibal Holocaust on a double bill with Have Rocket Will Travel back in, it must have been, 1960? Surprised to see it's back in theaters. What they did to that poor actress was terrible.


    IMG_4390.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Marcel Birgelen
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
    The burning BMW had been set alight by an arsonist. This photo was to illustrate a politically contentious news story, so I didn't post the actual context. The spoof caption (inspired by the couple watching the conflagration passively, seemingly unconcerned and behaving as if this is an everyday occurrence) was because there have been frequent reports (on this side of the pond, at any rate) of thermal runaway in Tesla battery packs causing the result you see above.
    Yeah, it was clear to me it was a picture from the Belfast protests, so the source of the fire probably was something like a Molotov cocktail. Still, BMW really DOES have a pretty big car fire issue at their hands right now though. And while I'm not the biggest fan of Tesla (I have driven one myself), burning cars obviously aren't a singular Tesla issue, although I still attribute many of the fire issues to Tesla's horrible build quality and lack of care in their designs.

    Having survived a battery fire twice now (not car related), I'm quite aware of any big-time energy storage causing a major potential fire hazard... That's also why I never would park an electric vehicle (Tesla or not) inside my garage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Harold Hallikainen
    replied
    Back then radium was big! It was used in all sorts of stuff including makeup. There is a book and a movie called Radium Girls. My wife's mother was a radium girl, painting clock faces

    Leave a comment:

Working...