Random photos, comics, etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Marcel Birgelen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3619
    • Maastricht, NL

    #121
    He must be negotiating with Comac then.

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #122
      They don't offer the option of putting a credit card reader on the door to the restroom, so he isn't interested.

      Comment

      • Marcel Birgelen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3619
        • Maastricht, NL

        #123
        Wait, what? They didn't allow for AliExpress-powered after-market alterations?

        If it was for O'Leary, he'll make you pay for the privilege of being able to sit down on a plane...

        Comment

        • Jim Cassedy
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1450
          • San Francisco

          #124





          WipeMe.jpg

          Comment

          • Frank Cox
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 2314
            • Melville Saskatchewan

            #125
            3bc6a4a07003013a9863005056a9545d.gif

            Comment

            • Mark Gulbrandsen
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 3093
              • Nashville, TN

              #126
              This is very spot on...!!!
              Attached Files

              Comment

              • Leo Enticknap
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3572
                • Loma Linda, CA

                #127
                whisky-vending-machine-inside.jpg

                She looks like this isn't her first visit to the machine...

                Comment

                • James Biggins
                  Film Handler
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 55
                  • Leicester, U.K.

                  #128
                  Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
                  She looks like this isn't her first visit to the machine...


                  Do they do free refills?

                  Comment

                  • Jim Cassedy
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 1450
                    • San Francisco

                    #129
                    A well placed rifle shot by a vandal in Kingsland, AK (birthplace of Johnny Cash)
                    caused this "Cash-flow problem" in the town's water tower. The tower had to be
                    partly emptied so welders could make repairs. The vandal has been caught, and
                    although not yet charged with any crime, officials say he most likely will be sued
                    for the cost of repairing the leak, and will get a big friggin' water bill for the appx
                    30,000gal that was drained so that it could be fixed.
                    CashFlowProblem.jpg


                    > While I certainly don't condone such behavior, ya' gotta admit that the bullet hole
                    and the photo are both "good shots
                    " loljJimC

                    Comment

                    • Frank Cox
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 2314
                      • Melville Saskatchewan

                      #130
                      screaming-skull-movie-poster-1958-1020143974.jpg
                      Now there's a fantastic free offer.

                      Comment

                      • Jon Dent
                        Pro Film Handler
                        • Jan 2021
                        • 420
                        • Thief River Falls, MN USA

                        #131
                        Funerals aren't immune to inflation so it'll probably look better and better as the year goes on.

                        Comment

                        • Frank Cox
                          Film God
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 2314
                          • Melville Saskatchewan

                          #132
                          2312539.gif
                          I gotta remember that line for the next time I'm playing a chop-em-up movie.

                          Comment

                          • Jim Cassedy
                            Film God
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 1450
                            • San Francisco

                            #133
                            I like to munch on these little licorice lobsters.
                            They're a great "booth snack" while working.

                            Lobsters_1.jpg


                            But I think sometimes not all of them come out of
                            the candy mold exactly right. While most of them do
                            somewhat anatomically resemble lobsters. . . some of
                            them seem to resemble another form of anatomy.

                            Lobsters_2.jpg.

                            . . . or have I just been living in San Francisco too long?
                            Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 07-11-2022, 12:15 PM.

                            Comment

                            • Leo Enticknap
                              Film God
                              • Jan 2020
                              • 3572
                              • Loma Linda, CA

                              #134
                              false_alarm.PNG

                              I bet that whoever made that 911 call is now feeling a tad embarrassed...

                              And from a recent breakdown call:

                              buggered_bulb_1_small.jpg
                              buggered_bulb_2_small.jpg

                              An Ushio DXL-40BAF that, per the diagnostic package of the projector it came out of, had done 10,702 hours and nine years (residence theater, so low hours per year). The warranty is to 1,300 hours and two years! We were only called because the owner started to notice a flicker. I'm 99% sure that's genuine, because the serial number on the box I found next to the projector is the same as the one our records indicate we sold them in 2013. I don't think the lamp was changed between then and now, and whoever changed it failed to record the new lamp details in Communicator.

                              Given how fragile that lamp must be, I was relieved to get it into its condom and the thing sealed. Couldn't resist taking a pic just before doing so, though.
                              Last edited by Leo Enticknap; 07-16-2022, 12:30 PM.

                              Comment

                              • Randy Stankey
                                Film God
                                • Jan 2020
                                • 1388
                                • Erie, PA, USA

                                #135
                                I pulled one out of a projector that had been there for over 6,000.
                                Knowing how that one was, I can only imagine what yours must have been like.

                                I got called to a theater that had repeated complaints of a dim picture in one auditorium but nobody ever thought to inform me until now. There were a couple of booth people standing around when I opened the lamphouse and looked inside.

                                I slowly closed the door, turned around to wave the others away and I said, "I think you kids should go downstairs, now..."

                                Comment

                                Working...