Met Opera

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bob Ezra
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 81
    • Carbondale CO

    #1

    Met Opera

    What are the options for streaming the Met Opera ?

    Thanks
  • Phil Ranucci
    Film Handler
    • Mar 2020
    • 70
    • Carpinteria, CA

    #2
    I think Fathom is doing this, but thought NCM started it.
    They put up a Dish on the roof and a DVR in your sound rack.
    It streams live on Saturday mornings or plays off the DVR if recorded previously.
    They also do other broadcasts from time to time.
    It uses a Sling Box to confirm the quality of the recording.
    They want it powered 24/7.
    Pretty seamless.
    Biggest headache is getting intermission times for the staff.

    Comment

    • Bob Ezra
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 81
      • Carbondale CO

      #3
      Thanks for the set up info. I am wondering if there are options besides Fathom. What is NCM?

      Comment

      • Phil Ranucci
        Film Handler
        • Mar 2020
        • 70
        • Carpinteria, CA

        #4
        National Cinema Media
        I think they produce a lot of the pre-show ads that run before trailers/feature.
        Just looked and Fathom is the Met source.
        Experience the magic of The Met: Live In HD Series as we bring opera's finest performances to the big screen. Immerse yourself in breathtaking vocals.

        Also uses your HDMI macro on your projector.

        Comment

        • Bob Ezra
          Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 81
          • Carbondale CO

          #5
          I was looking for an alternative to Fathom

          Comment

          • Jim Cassedy
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1450
            • San Francisco

            #6
            Originally posted by Bob Ezra
            I was looking for an alternative to Fathom
            I'm pretty sure that here in the US, Fathom has the exclusive theatrical rights Met Operastuff

            Comment

            • Phil Ranucci
              Film Handler
              • Mar 2020
              • 70
              • Carpinteria, CA

              #7
              I remember that there was a service that supplied the Met Opera on hard drives. We had one venue that showed them a week after airing.
              I'm contacting the guy that ran those shows. I'll get back to you.

              Comment

              • Phil Ranucci
                Film Handler
                • Mar 2020
                • 70
                • Carpinteria, CA

                #8
                This is the supplier, sells tuners but also sent drives.
                No idea if they still do this service.
                /https://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/
                Last edited by Phil Ranucci; 09-04-2025, 12:45 PM.

                Comment

                Working...