I color calibrate at 14fL. As a result, regardless of where I'm at in the range, it is going to be either right or very close. For the record, on lasers, I like to start them below 50% and I have some near 20%.
It will be a while before we really know how long these lasers are gong to last in real-time. I suspect having to re-laser a projector will be akin to buying a new battery for your EV...expensive. Plus, when companies rate their lasers, they keep using ½-intensity as their life...so, if you are starting out near 100%...or even 80%...are you good with 7fL (24Nits)? I think not. But it will be too expensive for most exhibitors.
I'm happy to see that the decay is moving slowly (particularly the ones near the bottom of the range)...so being closer to 50% should be safe but I'd keep below 75% still.
It will be a while before we really know how long these lasers are gong to last in real-time. I suspect having to re-laser a projector will be akin to buying a new battery for your EV...expensive. Plus, when companies rate their lasers, they keep using ½-intensity as their life...so, if you are starting out near 100%...or even 80%...are you good with 7fL (24Nits)? I think not. But it will be too expensive for most exhibitors.
I'm happy to see that the decay is moving slowly (particularly the ones near the bottom of the range)...so being closer to 50% should be safe but I'd keep below 75% still.

).
Comment