Need an NEC 900C part.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Armand Daiguillon
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 244
    • Plantation, FL USA

    #16
    Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
    Might be worth contacting our sales department (sales [at] movingimagetech.com). We do have a few shelves of older Series 2 NEC parts in the warehouse, but I couldn't tell you if that is among them.
    I did ....they didn't have.

    Comment

    • Armand Daiguillon
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 244
      • Plantation, FL USA

      #17
      I was able to find a board semi locally from someone on this forum - it seemed identical, but actually ended up not being compatible. So I was going to just wait on the back order, but Strong said they had a used one - so I got that. Waiting on it to arrive.

      Comment

      • Mark Gulbrandsen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3093
        • Nashville, TN

        #18
        "I for one hated to have to do return service calls on ANYTHING due to me trying to save the customer a buck."

        It's not about saving a buck Tony, It's about getting the customer back on the screen asap...

        Comment

        • Leo Enticknap
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3572
          • Loma Linda, CA

          #19
          I work very hard to avoid the need for follow-up calls, which we would almost always comp the customer. About the only situation in which we wouldn't is a "...and while you're here, could you have a look at this as well?" scenario, which requires a part to fix that I could have ordered in advance or brought with me if I'd been forewarned, but didn't because I wasn't. But occasionally, all the due diligence in the world can't prevent the need for a follow-up call. The most common reason is that the wrong part was supplied as the result either of our mistake, or that of the supplier we ordered it from. If that happens, a follow-up call is part of the cost of doing this business, and we just have to eat it. If the customer is quoted a set labor charge to get something fixed, we fix it for that price.

          Comment

          • Mark Gulbrandsen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3093
            • Nashville, TN

            #20
            [QUOTE=Tony Bandiera Jr;n59016]

            "As usual you fire from the hip without comprehending what you are replying to. I know where NECs are made (as well as over 90% of everything else.) My issue is with this part which I will say again, in bold type this time".

            I had to do this twice Tony. No issues yet. Just two projectors that ended up back on line.

            "So you say you've ordered from "one of those sites and all was fine." OK, so say which site you ordered from with that success so Armand doesn't roll the dice on the wrong one (which is a high probability on Facecrook.) THAT would be far more helpful that throwing him a bone with no meat on it."


            There are three sites I know of. But I always made sure of these these two things. A. From the site that has parts from projectors that are from North America. B. Make sure they offer a full money back guarantee. Not all the places have have projector parts or equipment that was built for North America. At least one I know is on he "Digital Cinema Technicians Group" on Facebook. I have not kept track of the two others, as I no longer do any cinema work at all since turning 72. Oh, one is a woman BTW...


            Comment

            • Tony Bandiera Jr
              Expert Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 720
              • Moreland, Idaho

              #21
              [QUOTE=Mark Gulbrandsen;n59758]
              Originally posted by Tony Bandiera Jr

              <snipped out the useless part>

              There are three sites I know of. But I always made sure of these these two things. A. From the site that has parts from projectors that are from North America. B. Make sure they offer a full money back guarantee. Not all the places have have projector parts or equipment that was built for North America. At least one I know is on he "Digital Cinema Technicians Group" on Facebook. I have not kept track of the two others, as I no longer do any cinema work at all since turning 72. Oh, one is a woman BTW...

              And once again, the communication process has broken down. (Just watched "My Cousin Vinny" again yesterday.) You wasted all that typing, again contributing nothing useful to the discussion (and what does the gender of one of the vendors have to do with anything?) to avoid answering the simple question:

              WHICH SITES, SPECIFICALLY, HAVE YOU ORDERED FROM AND HAD THE GOOD RESULTS WITH?

              I fail to understand why answering that simple question is so hard for you, seriously. If you don't recall (maybe it has been a long time) just say so.

              Everyone else has tried to provide some solid sources, and in the past when people have asked for sources (and I have asked others for same) the replies all had direct answers and in most cases direct links to such.

              I understand that you retired from the biz, as I have. And my memory for things sure isn't as sharp as it used to be (see the "Source for Xenon Igniter" thread for example...) But still, it begs the question why can't you simply say the names (or give the links to) the sites that can help out? Maybe if, instead of being cryptic and debating with me over this, you could have posted (or sent Armand a private message) the information of those sites, but now he's stuck waiting on the backorder.

              I still like and respect you, as you have contributed so much to the forums and industry, but this situation is baffling to me.

              P.S. I can see the late John E. looking down and laughing at both of us right now. He loved twisting both our tails about the things we've said on here.

              Comment

              • Mark Gulbrandsen
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3093
                • Nashville, TN

                #22

                Originally posted by Tony Bandiera Jr

                And once again, the communication process has broken down. (Just watched "My Cousin Vinny" again yesterday.) You wasted all that typing, again contributing nothing useful to the discussion (and what does the gender of one of the vendors have to do with anything?) to avoid answering the simple question:
                Only had the need to order one thing, and that is going on 10 years ago... I have been retired now for over 8 years. I can't remember the Chinese guy's name. But like I said.Look towards the two Digital Cinema Groups that are on Facebook, he is there! You can pretty much get most obsolete D-C parts. For me, it was do I try to get a part from over there, or leave that customers screen dead for 90+ days. BTW... The board I needed arrived in three days. It was the LV DC power supply for a Christie ZX.

                Comment

                Working...