Not sure if IMDB is always reliable when it comes to listing their tech specs, but to my surprise I see that The Odyssey will be formatted for Common Height and Common Width screens. Here is how it's listed on IMDB...
1.85 : 1(theatrical ratio, constant width venues)
2.39 : 1(theatrical ratio, constant height venues)
Has a film's aspect ratio ever been adjusted based on the type of screen? And judging by one of the threads on this site, it looks like The Mandalorian will be doing the same, or did I read that wrong? I love that they are taking the different screens into account, but I'm not sure I have faith in theaters properly following instructions when the DCP is delivered. And what about if a Common Height or Common Width screen is showing the film in 5/70. How is that going to work?
1.85 : 1(theatrical ratio, constant width venues)
2.39 : 1(theatrical ratio, constant height venues)
Has a film's aspect ratio ever been adjusted based on the type of screen? And judging by one of the threads on this site, it looks like The Mandalorian will be doing the same, or did I read that wrong? I love that they are taking the different screens into account, but I'm not sure I have faith in theaters properly following instructions when the DCP is delivered. And what about if a Common Height or Common Width screen is showing the film in 5/70. How is that going to work?
Comment