Installing 4.5k lamp in a Barco DP2K-23B

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rick Cohen
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 93
    • Lockport, New York

    #16
    Some additional information. Barco has two different sized lamp houses that can operate inside the 23B, an SM (small) and a LG (large). The lamp house in question with the 4.5k lamp installed is a LG lamp house. The LG lamp house uses a 22mm wrench to secure the anode cable, while the SM lamp house uses a 8mm Allen wrench to secure the anode cable. I imagine the reflectors are also different sizes to match the lamps, but I'm not really sure. The lamp name installed with the 4.5k lamp is for an Osram (R) XBO 4000w/DHP L. The lamp was installed by another technician several years ago, so I'm just attempting to deal with the aftermath. Remaining runtime is 771 out of 1,300 warrantee hours. I'm tempted to pull the lamp to check if the serial number engraved on the lamp stem matches up with the one entered into the Barco Lamp File.

    Pictures are attached.
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • Steve Guttag
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3777
      • Annapolis, MD

      #17
      Not "LG" it is "XL" And, the "SM" is actually an "S/M" or Small/Medium.

      I can confirm that the reflectors are completely different and that you can't cross-pollinate them between the two as well as the UV blocker (they are spaced differently and I think even the cup size is a little different. You'd never get the lamp's electrodes in the right spot if the wrong lamp adapters for the reflectors were used.

      Note, the harder you drive a xenon lamp, the faster it decays. So, if it started at 85-90% on day-1...by day-30 it was at near 100% and it just went downhill from there.

      Comment

      Working...