Douser on NEC NC1200C Not Opening

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fraser Falconer
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 57
    • Gore, New Zealand

    #31
    Hi Mike,
    A projector log via DCC. Secure playback shouldn't be possible with a service door tamper, unless the service door tamper isn't for the device being used. ie Enigma Service door Tamper 486 when using an IMB

    Cheers Fraser
    Last edited by Fraser Falconer; 08-09-2026, 10:44 PM. Reason: Updated information

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #32
      These early Series 2 NECs are unusual in that they have two option slots, and therefore can contain two secure DCI media players. Typically, this is an NEC input board with an Enigma card on it in the bottom slot, plus an IMB or IMS in the one above it. I've had a few cases in which someone does something to trigger a tamper, clears the service door tamper and remarries the IMB/IMS, and then freaks out because the unmarried Enigma is still causing the projector to throw a red tail light. But in this condition you can still play from the IMB, which is what I would suggest that Mike tries at this point. If IMS2000 playback works OK, then either remarrying the Enigma or telling the projector to ignore it (see below) would be needed to get the green tail light back, but you can still play from the IMS2000 with it red.

      The other scenario is when the Enigma's battery dies due to prolonged power down, but the IMB or IMS above it is still OK. If that happens, you can change the board type to the variant that does not have the Enigma card on it, thereby (in effect) telling the projector to ignore the presence of the dead Enigma, and thus give you a green tail light.

      But in any case, what I'd like to know now is whether or not Mike can play movies from the IMS2000.

      Comment

      • Mike Reed
        Film Handler
        • Dec 2023
        • 82
        • Clearfield PA

        #33
        Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
        These early Series 2 NECs are unusual in that they have two option slots, and therefore can contain two secure DCI media players. Typically, this is an NEC input board with an Enigma card on it in the bottom slot, plus an IMB or IMS in the one above it. I've had a few cases in which someone does something to trigger a tamper, clears the service door tamper and remarries the IMB/IMS, and then freaks out because the unmarried Enigma is still causing the projector to throw a red tail light. But in this condition you can still play from the IMB, which is what I would suggest that Mike tries at this point. If IMS2000 playback works OK, then either remarrying the Enigma or telling the projector to ignore it (see below) would be needed to get the green tail light back, but you can still play from the IMS2000 with it red.

        The other scenario is when the Enigma's battery dies due to prolonged power down, but the IMB or IMS above it is still OK. If that happens, you can change the board type to the variant that does not have the Enigma card on it, thereby (in effect) telling the projector to ignore the presence of the dead Enigma, and thus give you a green tail light.

        But in any case, what I'd like to know now is whether or not Mike can play movies from the IMS2000.
        I will double check the movie will not play tomorrow morning. I queued up a playlist to try it early today and it did not work. However I am able to manually strike the bulb and do a test pattern, but obviously can’t play movies. I assume that’s because of my tamper error code 586 which will not clear after numerous attempts. Yes I have red lights on right now. Tried menu 3 seconds, input service code. Then projector in service mode. Then I tried holding the left and right arrows for 3 seconds then it comes up clear/execute. When I hit enter it just goes back to tamper error and does not clear.

        So you’re saying there’s a workaround on my older model from what I gather. I’m willing to try whatever while I work on getting it fixed properly so I can get my theater back up.

        Comment

        • Fraser Falconer
          Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 57
          • Gore, New Zealand

          #34
          Hi Mike,
          The Left Right Arrow thing is a Series 3 NEC thing, which yours is not, being a NC1200. The NC1200 is a Series 2. After entering the password you should just push enter, then exit to to leave service mode. What version of DCC are you using by the way? DCC 6000 is the most recent version for use with Series 2 in Australasia.

          Cheers Fraser

          Comment

          • Mike Reed
            Film Handler
            • Dec 2023
            • 82
            • Clearfield PA

            #35
            Originally posted by Fraser Falconer
            Hi Mike,
            The Left Right Arrow thing is a Series 3 NEC thing, which yours is not, being a NC1200. The NC1200 is a Series 2. After entering the password you should just push enter, then exit to to leave service mode. What version of DCC are you using by the way? DCC 6000 is the most recent version for use with Series 2 in Australasia.

            Cheers Fraser
            Ok so putting in my code should clear it then? I don’t need to do the left/right arrow clear execute thing?

            Comment

            • Steve Guttag
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 3777
              • Annapolis, MD

              #36
              For the classic S2 NEC, there is just the 4-digit passwords and the service password is sufficient to clear a mere door tamper. For marriage, then you have additional work to clear that (most easily with DCC) and the user/pw will vary by server brand (or Enigma). Note...if your projector has its Enigma (which they all shipped with, originally), then you have to always clear that in addition to the IMB. I "think" you can declare your DVI board a "DS" style so it ignores the Enigma but I would just remove it in addition to that so the Enigma can't cause its own marriage tamper. (Enigma = Link Decryptor).

              Comment

              • Gordon McLeod
                Expert Film Handler
                • Jan 2020
                • 565
                • Toronto Ontario Canada

                #37
                I always tell the machine it is a DS board if there is a IMB
                If the server is a GDC then after you clear the tamper on the side panel press and hold menue unitl it asks for password enter the 4 digit code and press enter
                It will probably still say tamper go to the GDC configuration and IMB and tell in the window click on service door closed

                Comment

                Working...