Random photos, comics, etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Harold Hallikainen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1073
    • Tucson AZ

    #361
    I remember signs at the subway stops in Washington DC saying "Kiss and Go" for the passenger drop off area. I had not seen the hug time sign before. Very clever!

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #362
      At least it wasn't piss and go...

      image.png​

      Note the position of the channel faders on the mixing board. The photographer who staged this pic clearly isn't an audio guy/gal!

      Comment

      • Randy Stankey
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1388
        • Erie, PA, USA

        #363
        I'm not even sure that the board is hooked up to anything. There are no cable conduits/raceways under the table. I can't see any cables coming into or out of the back. Of course, they'd be routed through the back of the unit but I don't even see a headphone cable, anywhere.

        Comment

        • Leo Enticknap
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3572
          • Loma Linda, CA

          #364
          image.png​
          image.png​

          So the Daily Mail couldn't be bothered to buy a '24 Accord and then torch it, just for this story? Tut tut, journalistic standards really are slipping...

          Comment

          • Frank Cox
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 2314
            • Melville Saskatchewan

            #365
            Saturday's Smile-11-2-24.jpg
            1234567890

            Comment

            • Leo Enticknap
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 3572
              • Loma Linda, CA

              #366
              As it's the first day of Advent...

              image.png​

              Comment

              • Jim Cassedy
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 1450
                • San Francisco

                #367
                I'd better not let my bosses see this, or they might consider
                installing one in my booth. I wonder if there's a 70mm model
                ?
                PedalProjector.jpg

                (Source Photo from A 1922 Issue Of "Popular Science')

                Comment

                • Randy Stankey
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 1388
                  • Erie, PA, USA

                  #368
                  Although the setup is rather klunky looking, a pedal-driven projector isn't such a bad idea. The legs can supply more power, for a longer time, than the arms can.

                  Doing that to show a 150 minute movie might take a Tour de France level cyclist, however!

                  Comment

                  • Frank Cox
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 2314
                    • Melville Saskatchewan

                    #369
                    I pedalled that thing until I got a spin-off!

                    Comment

                    • Ed Gordon
                      Pro Film Handler
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 365
                      • Seattle, WA, USA

                      #370
                      Here is the modern version:

                      Little Projector Company’s Pedal Power system provides human generated power for your next film screening, DJ set, or event. 4 bikes on training rollers produce 250 watts of continuous power.

                      The D.C. Kit allows you to turn your bicycle generator into a micro-power generation system to generate 12V DC or 240V AC electricity to power a range of appliances such as a laptop, mobile phone charger or a sound system…or to charge our battery systems so you can utilize the power later!
                      ​ Pedal_Power_Coburg_Velodrome.jpg

                      image.png​

                      Website: https://littleprojectorcompany.com/l-p-c/pedal-power

                      Comment

                      • Jim Cassedy
                        Film God
                        • Jan 2020
                        • 1450
                        • San Francisco

                        #371
                        I bought myself a nifty, new NAS for my home system on Black Friday and installed
                        it late last night after a long day at work. I don't like long, dangling and tangled wires
                        bunched up under my computer desk, so I made myself a custom length CAT-5 cable.


                        - - - BUT- - -
                        ​ BadCableBoot.jpg
                        I don't know what I was thinking! Maybe I shouldda gotten a good night's sleep before
                        attempting this at the end of a long workday! I know we've all done this at some point.
                        The worst time for me was many years ago when i was wiring up a 12 or 14pin TV
                        camera connector at a college TV station. It took a long time and I did a great job, but
                        then discovered that I had forgotten to assemble the 'twist-lock' ring over the plug part
                        of the connector before soldering all the pins. There's no way the connector would stay
                        in the socket without that locking ring, so I had no choice but to re-do the whole thing.
                        Last edited by Jim Cassedy; 12-05-2024, 02:15 PM.

                        Comment

                        • Ryan Gallagher
                          Film God
                          • Nov 2022
                          • 2855
                          • Austin, Texas, USA

                          #372
                          Originally posted by Jim Cassedy
                          I bought myself a nifty, new NAS for my hone system on Black Friday and installed
                          it late last night after a long day at work. I don't like long, dangling and tangled wires
                          bunched up under my computer desk, so I made myself a custom length CAT-5 cable.

                          - - - BUT:
                          Maybe don't attempt any real work for 48 hours after Brutalist on 70mm (followed by another film). ;-)

                          Comment

                          • Frank Cox
                            Film God
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 2314
                            • Melville Saskatchewan

                            #373
                            Saturday's Smile-12-8-24.jpg
                            Here something I can relate to.

                            Comment

                            • Frank Cox
                              Film God
                              • Jan 2020
                              • 2314
                              • Melville Saskatchewan

                              #374
                              My brother is packing up to move so I just sent him this and told him, "You could probably use these guys."
                              co241212.gif
                              He just replied and said, "Sadly, I am those guys."

                              Comment

                              • Leo Enticknap
                                Film God
                                • Jan 2020
                                • 3572
                                • Loma Linda, CA

                                #375
                                image.png​

                                At least someone appreciated my efforts putting the tree up last weekend...

                                Comment

                                Working...