Random photos, comics, etc.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Randy Stankey
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1388
    • Erie, PA, USA

    #376
    Well, at least it isn't like what happened with our dog when we were kids.

    We put up our tree, the dog took one look at it and thought, "Oh! Look! Indoor plumbing!"

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #377
      Or just using a tree in exactly the same way as s/he did when out on a walk.

      This was Pussolini's first encounter with the Christmas tree. We adopted him in the summer of 2023, but last Christmas we visited relatives in England. The work, family, and logistical challenges involved in making that possible (especially with a seven-year old) meant that the decorations simply didn't go up last year.

      Our first cat took one look at the tree once we'd put it up and decorated it, and immediately climbed all the way up its steel "trunk," tried to grab hold of the topper star with her front claws, did to the tree's center of gravity what you'd expect (despite being only 2-3 months old and not weighing more than 3-4lb at the time), and took a 90º ride to the ground with the tree as her passenger. Nine years later, she still refuses to go anywhere near it.

      Comment

      • Randy Stankey
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1388
        • Erie, PA, USA

        #378
        I don't know. Sometimes I think we should just bolt the tree to the floor and cable it to the ceiling then let the cat climb it. It'd probably be a lot less hassle, in the long run.

        Comment

        • Ryan Gallagher
          Film God
          • Nov 2022
          • 2855
          • Austin, Texas, USA

          #379
          Growing up we had big dogs with obliviously waggy tails... our fancy ornaments always went above waist height... all the wooden and non-breakables went in the bottom half. Back when real trees were more common you also always had to fend off the pets drinking the tree water in the stand. Mmmm sap.

          Comment

          • Leo Enticknap
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3572
            • Loma Linda, CA

            #380
            Source.

            image.png​

            She's married to a lizard???!!!

            Comment

            • Frank Cox
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 2314
              • Melville Saskatchewan

              #381
              Would that be a Lounge lizard?

              Comment

              • Randy Stankey
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 1388
                • Erie, PA, USA

                #382
                ​Holy.png

                I won't bother inserting a caption.
                If you are old enough, you'll get the joke.
                If you don't, you're probably too young to understand.

                Comment

                • Jim Cassedy
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 1450
                  • San Francisco

                  #383
                  A cousin sent me this several years ago on my birthday:

                  TrumpCupp.jpg

                  > I was hoping to get a pardon from Joe Biden for a changeover
                  I missed last week, and for any I might miss in the future, but
                  apparently, I didn't make his list.
                  . .

                  Comment

                  • Leo Enticknap
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 3572
                    • Loma Linda, CA

                    #384
                    [requesting forgiveness for the politics]

                    Swapping out a light engine with a deceased green formatter in a DP2K-32B this morning, I commented to the owner that the only way of fixing it that did not involve shipping it to Belgium would be to ask the POTUS to make the time to issue a 201nd executive order: the "make Barcos work again" order. The owner replied that I had to come up with a more catchy acronym than that, or he wouldn't even answer the phone.

                    Comment

                    • Leo Enticknap
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 3572
                      • Loma Linda, CA

                      #385
                      I have a nomination for the "headline writer of the year" award:

                      image.png​

                      Comment

                      • Ryan Gallagher
                        Film God
                        • Nov 2022
                        • 2855
                        • Austin, Texas, USA

                        #386
                        Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
                        I have a nomination for the "headline writer of the year" award:
                        I count 6, maybe 7? ;-) But Daily Mail was never known for their accuracy and integrity.

                        Comment

                        • Leo Enticknap
                          Film God
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 3572
                          • Loma Linda, CA

                          #387
                          This stuff is really going to sell well in what remains of Pacific Palisades and Altadena...

                          image.png​

                          Comment

                          • Leo Enticknap
                            Film God
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 3572
                            • Loma Linda, CA

                            #388
                            For if your child is stuck in Freud's anal stage...

                            image.png​

                            Comment

                            • Frank Cox
                              Film God
                              • Jan 2020
                              • 2314
                              • Melville Saskatchewan

                              #389
                              in-the-days-before-mobile-internet.png
                              1234567890

                              Comment

                              • Jim Cassedy
                                Film God
                                • Jan 2020
                                • 1450
                                • San Francisco

                                #390
                                I've been extra busy at the theater this week, but when my,
                                boss asked me "if I could use a hand in the projection room",
                                - - this is definitely NOT what I had in mind. . . .

                                ProjectionHand.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...